Articles of Incorporation
Amended and Restated Articles of Incorporation
San Antonio Chapter, Community Associations Institute
The San Antonio Chapter, Community Associations Institute was incorporated on April 7, 1982.
The name of the corporation is San Antonio Chapter, Community Associations Institute (hereinafter called "the Chapter").
The Chapter is a non-profit corporation.
The period of duration of the Chapter is perpetual.
The purposes for which the Chapter is organized are:
(1) The primary purpose of the Chapter is to support and further the mission and purposes of the national Community Associations Institute ("CAI") in the San Antonio area, which include the following:
a. The Chapter exists to support and enable our members' success and create conditions favorable to the well being of community associations and the advancement of the community association industry;
b. To provide educational services to members of community associations and their board members;
c. To provide educational and marketing opportunities to those persons who offer goods and services to community associations.
d. To create a forum through local meetings and seminars, as well as publications, for the continuing discussion and dissemination of information pertinent to all aspects of creating and operating community associations; and
e. To study the relationship which federal, state, and local governments bear to community associations, and to foster coordination of efforts and services.
(2) The general purposes and powers of the Chapter are to have and exercise all of the rights and powers conferred on non-profit corporation under the Texas Non-Profit Corporation Act, as now in effect or as hereafter amended, except to the extent that the intended actions are not in furtherance of the enumerated provisions above.
(3) Notwithstanding any of the foregoing statements of purposes and powers, the Chapter shall not, except to an insubstantial degree, engage in any activities or exercise any powers that are not in furtherance of the purposes set out herein.
(4) No part of the net earnings of the Chapter shall inure to the benefit of any director or officer of the chapter or to any private individual (except that reasonable compensation may be paid for services rendered to or for the Chapter in furtherance of its purposes), and no director or officer of the Chapter or any private individual shall be entitled to share in the distribution of any of the corporate assets upon dissolution of the Chapter. No substantial part of the activities of the Chapter shall be the carrying on of propaganda or otherwise attempting to influence legislation, and the Chapter shall not participate or intervene in (including the publication or distribution of statement) any political campaign on behalf of or in opposition to any candidate for public office.
(5) The chapter is organized pursuant to the Texas Non-Profit Corporation Act and does not contemplate pecuniary gain or profit to its members, and is organized for non-profit purposes.
The street address of the registered office of the Chapter is 6243 W Ih 10 # 700
San Antonio, TX 78201-2092, and the name of its initial registered agent at such address is Tom Newton.
The number of directors constituting the Board of Directors of the Chapter shall be as set forth in the Chapter bylaws.
Upon dissolution of the Chapter, after first paying or making provision for the payment of all of the liabilities of the Chapter, the assets of the Chapter shall be granted, conveyed and assigned exclusively to any one of the following: CAI, any other CAI chapter within the state of Texas, or any other non-profit organization that serves similar purposes to the Chapter.
Signed on this the _____________ day of _____________________, 2011.
Tom Newton, President
THE STATE OF TEXAS
COUNTY OF BEXAS
BEFORE ME, the undersigned authority, on this day personally appeared Tom Newton, known to me to be the person whose name is subscribed to the foregoing instrument, and acknowledged to me that he executed the same for the purposes and consideration therein expressed and his representative capacity..
GIVEN UNDER MY HAND AND SEAL OF OFFICE on this ______________ day of ________________, 2011.
Notary Public, State of Texas
Certificate of Secretary
I do hereby certify that the foregoing Amended and Restated Articles of Incorporation were approved by at least two thirds of the members present at a duly called meeting at which a quorum was present.